1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of information from you in certain areas of the Everest web site (the “Site”) for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Third party features of the Site may require a separate registration. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third party features before providing personally identifiable information. Everest is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. Everest collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Site, to report aggregate information and to maintain and improve the Site. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Site, customers or others.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Everest collects the information described above via the Site. In the case of third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other web sites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Everest is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
3. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. Everest tracks how visitors use the Site and to measure areas of interest. This allows Everest to build features and functionality that will enhance your Site experience. Address information is only required if you request literature, parts, technical assistance, or want someone from Everest to contact you.
4. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED. At Everest, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders or requests. Everest does NOT sell or provide specific customer information to any other company or organization.
We will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information to any third party unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached our Web Site Usage Policy or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Everest’s rights or property, other Site users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
6. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. We do not maintain or reveal your credit card numbers after your order is processed. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized use of your password and computer. If you use this Site, you are responsible for keeping your account number and password confidential.